PayPal Feels Like Summer
Competition Terms and Conditions
To enter the PayPal Feels Like Summer Competition (“Competition”), the person entering this Competition (“Entrant”) must:
- Make any clothing, accessories or homeware purchase at https://www.countryroad.com.au or https://www.countryroad.co.nz using PayPal as their payment method during checkout (“Entry”).
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entry instructions and prize information form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the promoter is Country Road Clothing Pty Ltd (ACN 005 419 447) of Building 3, 658 Church Street, Richmond, Victoria (“Promoter”).
- The Competition commences at 12:01am AEDST on 29 November 2017 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 31 December 2017. (“Competition Period”). Entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be accepted by the Promoter and will be deemed to be invalid.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter and not the time of transmission by the Entrant.
Eligibility to Enter
- Entry is open to Australia and New Zealand residents who are 18 years or older and living in Australia or New Zealand.
- Directors, management, officers, employees and contractors of the Promoter and associated agencies, retailers, suppliers and companies, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter this Competition. For the purposes of this clause, "immediate families" includes his or her spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child, step child, adopted child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, siblings, step-siblings, or first cousin, whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, officer, employee or contractor.
Eligibility to Enter
- The Entrant may enter as many times as they like throughout the Competition Period provided that each entry is unique and original.
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must follow the entry instructions and comply with all other applicable requirements during the Competition Period. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the entry instructions and will not be accepted in any other form.
- Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an Entry will be permitted.
- Any Entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to, at any time, and in its absolute discretion:
- verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's identity, age, and place of residence). In the event that suitable proof cannot be provided to verify the validity of the Entry and Entrants, the prize will be forfeited in who and no substitute will be offered; and
- disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the Entry process for the Promotion) or who interferes or tampers with the Entry process or if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an Entrant are reserved.
- Despite anything to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's complete discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any costs associated with entering this Competition are the responsibility of each Entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible Entries will also be deemed invalid and will not be included in the Competition. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any entry not received. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches.
- A draw of all valid Entries received within the Competition Period will be conducted at the Promoter’s head office at Building 3, 658 Church Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121 by 5pm AEDST on 8 January 2018.
- One winning Entry will be selected by computerised random selection (“Winning Entry”).
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any or all aspects of this Competition is at its complete discretion, final and binding on all persons who enter into this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 18) The Entrant who submits the Winning Entry ( “Winner”) will win:
- an AUD $3,000 travel voucher to book return flights to Sydney;
- an AUD $1,500 voucher for the QT hotel in Sydney;
- a 30 minute scenic flight voucher for two around Sydney’s coast;
- a surfing lesson voucher for two at Bondi Beach;
- an AUD $1,000 Country Road gift card and personal styling session at Country Road Bondi;
- an AUD $200 taxi voucher;
- an AUD $400 gift voucher for Icebergs restaurant in Sydney; and
- an AUD $100 gift voucher for Fishbowl Café (“Prize”).
- The value of the Prize is AUD$7,090.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be paid if a Winner is unable to use the Prize. In the event that the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a Prize, or element of it, of equal or greater value.
- The Winners must be ready, willing and able to receive and/or participate in the Prize as required by these terms and conditions.
- All travel and service bookings for the Prize are subject to availability and the Promoter will not be held responsible for any unavailability. Travel arrangements are subject to the terms of the Promoter or its assigned representatives and may be dependent on select seat classes with airlines or specific room category availability with the accommodation partner. If any booking is unavailable on the proposed dates, the Promoter may at its discretion consult with the Winner to determine alternative dates. If the Winner (for whatever reason) is unable to take an element of the Prize on the date stipulated by the Promoter (or an alternative date agreed between the Promoter and the Winner) then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be rewarded in lieu of the Prize.
- All applicable taxes (excluding GST) and surcharges and all additional and ancillary costs involved, including excess baggage, visas, valid passports, spending money, meals, items of a personal nature, in-room charges (including but not limited to room service, telephone calls and internet usage), insurance and any applicable insurance excesses and any other ancillary costs not listed above are the responsibility of the Winner as incurred. Any additional charges from the hotel must be settled prior to departure. Travel insurance is also not included.]
- The Winner must participate in the Prize personally.
- The Winners are responsible for ensuring their companion/s comply with all terms relating to the Prize.
- The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of the Prize or an element of it.
- The Prize will only be valid and able to be redeemed before 7 January 2019, as specified on the gift card/voucher and may only be redeemed in accordance with the Promoter’s standard terms and conditions relating to gift cards/vouchers, available at https://www.countryroad.com.au/gift-cards. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any gift card/voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Notification of Winners
- The Winners will be published at countryroad.com.au/paypal and be notified via email by 5pm AEDST on 12 January 2018 of their success and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver the Prize.
- The Promoter will take no responsibility if a Winner's details are incorrect or incomplete and the Winner cannot be contacted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a new winner if a Winner cannot be contacted or if the Prize cannot be redeemed by a Winner. This new winner will be appointed by conducting a second judging of the Entries, such judging to take place in the same manner and at the same premises as the initial judging by 5pm AEDST on 8 April 2018. The new winner will be published at countryroad.com.au/paypal and be notified via email by 5pm AEDST on 9 April 2018 of their success and will be directed to email the Promoter with any details required to deliver the Prize.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a Winner (including photograph, film, file and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any goods or services provided by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant consents to receipt of information (including via post, phone, email and SMS) regarding the Competition and other emails or communications which inform the Entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services the Entrant may be interested in. The Promoter may continue to provide the Entrant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the Entrant.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees or implied warranties as provided under any applicable consumer protection laws.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any problems or technical malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Competition;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Competition;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or third part interference or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries or entrants details;
- any Entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter);
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant (independent financial advice should be sought);
- participation in this Competition; or
- cancellation of this Competition.
- This Competition, or any aspect of it, may be changed or withdrawn by the Promoter at any time without prior notification, subject to approval of licensing authority. In the event of any dispute, the Promoter will be the sole arbitrator and its decision will be final (subject to any laws that may apply).
- Any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter's promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws enforceable in Victoria, Australia. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia and any court hearing appeals from those courts.
- These Terms and Conditions embody the entire agreement between the Promoter and each Entrant with respect to this Competition.
- Any provision in these terms and conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purpose of that jurisdiction, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The Promoter can be contacted at:
- Telephone: 1800 801 911
Disclaimer: PayPal is not responsible for promotions offered by third parties and you should read the terms and conditions on the Country Road site. The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Any information provided is general only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before deciding to sign-up for or use the PayPal service you should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, available at www.paypal.com.au.